Krosp Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings

5 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings - Page 2 Empty Re: Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings

Post  Admin Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:39 am

As the final "Goblin" is thrown into the "fireplace", the crowd erupts into cheers. All of the contenders - besides the charismatic, young woman - are more or less drenched.

Current score:
Shethys: 4 points
Jack: 3 points
Shara: 3 points

Round 3: The Lighthouse Smash

Who needs a Lighthouse without a light? The old Lighthouse has become an eyesore in an otherwise beautiful town; let's knock it down, so we can use the stone to build something new and exciting!

This game is set up at the end of Junker's Way next to the Lighthouse. It has a table with six square stones stacked on it in a pyramid shape. Three on the bottom, two in the middle, and one on top. There is a firing line twenty feet from the tables. Using an intricate miniature catapult, you must try to knock down the stack of stones with as few shots as possible.

The miniature catapult is quite a work of art. It's been carved to look like a stone giant with its arm throwing the stone. It's about 2 foot tall, but functions just as a real catapult. Careful handling, a keen eye and a steady hand is required.

The man who runs the game, Aesrick Battlehorn, has been working on the catapulp - and even smaller toy versions - during his spare time all year, in preparation for the festival. He's got a soft spot for the kids and helps the kids aim it so that they can win the toy catapults, much to the consternation of mothers. According to many mother's complaints, "They are just the right size for young boys to shoot an eye out with!" This complaining doesn't stop those same mothers from handing over the two coppers for their sons to play. There is no shortage of boys crying because they've been hit in the head by a flying stone.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://krosp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings - Page 2 Empty Re: Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings

Post  Francis Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:05 am

Shathys observed this interesting machine with a joyful intrigue. "What a jolly little machine." 

Checking over his shoulder briefly, Shathys reaches down and ever so slightly tweaks the aiming mechanism of the machine.

"There, that should do it." Shathys aimed carefully and pulled the lever, the stone flew true and knocked the sack of stones right over, though he did not have time to see this as the tweaked aiming mechanism flew back and hit him square in the face. 

"Ye gods." he mumbled "I think I'm going to need more of that ale. 

Spoiler:
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:21 am

"Miniature war machines? how quaint."

Jack wets his finger in his mouth and puts his hand up in the air, seemingly thinking.
"now judging by the earth's placement and that mound over there, coupled by the breeze from the west.."
*click* and the missile flies true and hits the target perfectly.
When no one looks the elf pumps his fists in an apparently uncoordinated manner.

Spoiler:
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  SigneGT Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:07 pm

Streetgames like this are something that Shara has done before and will, without a doubt, also do a lot in the future, with or without mini warmachines. It is with this in mind that she confidently steps up to the game.

She aims, shoots and..

Spoiler:

Smashes the stones.
SigneGT
SigneGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:39 pm

The miniature catapult proves to be little trouble for the 3 outsiders, who all manipulate it with excellent skill and great success.

Current score:
Shethys: 6 points
Jack: 5 points
Shara: 5 points

Round 4: Dragon Races

There's been talk of starting Dragon farming in Sandpoint, so we've gotta find out which ones are the fastest, so that we have the best dragons! Pick yourself a dragon and pit it in a Dragon Race against your friends!

The final game is located in the Sandpoint Market Square on the south side by the docks just at the beginning of Market Street. It has two double lane tracks set up next to each other with a three-foot wide gap between the two tracks. The tracks are thirty feet long. Near the starting line there is a large cage with 12 lizards in it. Each one is about a foot long and has a set of twig and cloth wings attached to their backs. They are all painted different colors, so they look like little dragons. Without touching the lizards, you must goad your lizard down the track. Get him to cross the finish line before your opponents!

This round works a little differently than the others: You each make a skill check. The one with the highest check reaches the goal first, winning 2 points. The one with the next highest check reaches the goal second, winning 1 point. The one with the lowest check doesn't reach the goal at all, winning 0 points.

Good luck!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:58 pm

Shathys browsed the cages and finally settled on a "dragon" and went to the starting position. 

With a great amount of effort Shathys tried to goad the lizard on. 

The lizards however was of a simple demeanor and stared blankly, not quite managing to blink with both eyes. 

Doing various hops on one leg and even jumping behind and around the creature in an attempt to startle it.

"Blasted creature! You should be running! Roar, scratch, growl!" 

Shathys finally gave up making hand signals, jumping and goading and went off to watch the other racers. 

The lizard seemed quite content where he was and promptly went to sleep, bathing in the sun

Spoiler:
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  SigneGT Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:14 pm

Osmus grunts angrily. "These are not dragons, Shara. This is demeaning!"

Shara comforts him in draconic, a skill she oddly developed when she got linked with him. The lizard challenge is a fun one, Shara picks a small jittery creature, puts him in the race and roars at the lizard to make it run faster.

Spoiler:

It's so not effective. Shara grunts at the little lizard and turns around.
SigneGT
SigneGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:14 pm

Jack looks at the flock of dragons, picks one out, and mutters a single word.
"Run."
The pseudo dragon looks at him for a second, and then runs with all its might.
Spoiler:
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:53 pm

With one lizard sprinting furiously past the finish line, one lizard shuffling past it grudgingly and one dozing in the sun, the Dragon Races are done.

Current score:
Jack: 7 points
Shara: 6 points
Shethys: 6 points

Final Round: Catch The Greased Pig

The final game is also the favorite among the villagers. Sandpoint's prize pig, a 250-pound beast called Goliath, has been greased. Greased, agitated and let loose in an arena. Your task is simple: catch Goliath and hold onto him for at least 10 seconds without being thrown off, and without anyone else holding onto him. The arena is filled with mud, and Goliath himself is strong enough to prove a more than worthy opponent.

This game is a free for all. Whoever makes the highest roll scores 3 points. The others score 0 points.

Now go catch that greased up son of a bitch!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SigneGT Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:34 pm

This game is definitely not something that Shara wants to do, but hey, after participating in everything else, why not?

Catching a greased pig can't be THAT hard. Or can it?

Jumping, running, throwing herself all over; Shara tries to catch and latch on to goliath.

Spoiler:

I doesn't really go as smoothly as everyone could have hoped. But at least the villagers get some entertainment out of it.
SigneGT
SigneGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:44 pm

Jack is hard pressed to maintain his smile in face of wrestling a pig. A dirty, greased up pig at that.
It wouldn't do to draw too much attention to himself anyway, while he could have that pig pinned within seconds was of no doubt. But it was simply beneath him, yes, beneath him. Absolutely. Stupid peasants and their festivals..

He did his part, cheering other two contestants on, when it was his turn he replied with "Thank you, but no thank you, I've had quite enough for today and I'm happy to relinquish my spot to my two very worthy contestants." At first they insisted but the friendly smile soon turned rather eerie and they forgot about him in the end.
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:56 pm

"Wrestle...a pig...? That pig?"

Shathys watched in awe as the hulking monstrosity shuffled about. 

"Well. I suppose we only live once"

"HAVE AT YE, MORSEL!" Shathys roared as he charged the pig. 

The pig however was as it seemed possessed by a demon as Shathys was repeatedly thrown off while trying to pin it down.   

Eventually after the Goliath had been pinned and much laughter was had, Shathys limped out of the arena thinking that a good hard visit to the bathing areas was well in order

Spoiler:
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:36 am

Shethys:
Goliath did indeed prove to be a worthy opponent, and in the end it was only the raw strength of your Shadar-kai physique that allowed you to emerge victorious. Victorious and covered in mud. And pig grease.

You is greeted by enthusiastic applause and, as you are led to the main stage, a line of village women douse you with pales of water. And by the time you step onto the stage, you is completely clean, water dripping from your hair.

Mayor Deverin lifts your hand in triumph and turns to the cheering crowd. "Ladies and gentlemen," she shouts. "I present to you... The Champion of The Swallowtail Festival!" And the crowd goes wild.

Mayor Deverin hands you a small pouch with something decidedly metallic and coin-like in it. "Your prize," she smiles and turns back to face the crowd. "Lunch is provided for free - most generously - by our very own taverns: The Rusty Dragon, The White Deer, Risa's Place, Cracktooth's Tavern, The Hagfish and, of course, Fatman's Feedbag, have all brought their very best dishes for you to enjoy. In a few hours, Father Zantus will be performing the ritual to bless our new cathedral, and I hope you will all show up right here and join us in this momentous occasion. Enjoy the food, everyone."

Spoiler:

Shara:
You receive a few pats on the back and compliments on your relative success in the competition, and the same drenching that Shethys got, much to the delight of the younger men watching.

Jack:
You go largely unnoticed by everyone, except for Father Zantus. After Shethys has been rewarded, he approaches you.

"You did well," he says and chuckles. "Though I would have liked to see you tackle Goliath."

All of you:
Go ahead and describe what you do for the next few hours. There's plenty of food to eat and plenty of people to meet.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:14 am

Shethys laughed joyfully and reaches into the pouch and counting out a few coins divides it to for the other two.

"For being skillful competitors, I'd like to give you both a share of the prize, if not, give it to someone else."

Leaving the gold in two neat piles Shethys laughs joyfully and started toward a tavern to see if the bard is sill around as well as a warm fire.

Spoiler:
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  SigneGT Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:47 am

With a big smile Shara takes the coins from Shathys. "Thanks a lot!" She says with glowing eyes. "I'm sorry if this sounds silly, but are you an adventurer? I am looking go get started in that "business" but i really have no idea how to go about it?" She asks the weird looking Champion of the Swallowtail festival.

Meanwhile Osmus grunts and mumbles while running around hoping to get petted by curious Sandpoint children. All in all this has been a very good day for Shara.
SigneGT
SigneGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:06 am

Shathys turned around, carefully regarding the Lady in front of him. There was definitely something different about her, she couldn't be a local. 
"Why yes, I'm somewhat of an adventurer You could say I'm just trying to make my own way. What about yourself Milady? What brings you to this fine sleepy place?
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  SigneGT Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:49 am

"I am looking to become an adventurer" Shara answers. "I know a very wise man, who once told me that the only way i could learn to be happy in the same body as my temper was experience and time, and every adventurer i ever run into look like they have a lot of life experience."

She looks a little nervous in the company of this stranger, whose like she has never seen before, but most of all she seems anticipating and excited. She feels like the world is hers to conquer and that a new era of her life has just begun.

In the background Osmus can still be seen hunting for a little love and care. He loves children above everything, they are such nice petters.
SigneGT
SigneGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:54 am

Jack regarded Zantus for a moment. "Yes well, child's play really." he said, when he was offered a share of the prize pool.
What a selfless thing to do, Jack thought. There must a catch...
Nevertheless, Jack isn't one to scoff when offered free money.
"Thank you, stranger." He said, but Shathys was already off.
He turned back to Father Zantus again and said: "I trust you will put be up to speed regarding the security measures and so on and so forth."

Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:07 am

Jack:
"Oh, we don't have much need of security around here. A few city guards should be enough to handle any troublemakers, I'm sure." He smiles and pats your arm. "Besides, I'm sure a strapping young man like you can handle any monsters that show up." He laughs. "In all honesty, Jack, the most dangerous thing you'll find here is our own city guard."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:50 am

His smile fades a nod. "Eh? Then why am I... ohhhh. I should have known from the start."
He walks away. "Damn the abbot, well he can take his 'grand, and very important, mission' and stick it up his..."
"Plough it all, I'm gonna get shit faced! Time to find a tavern!"
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:53 am

Jack:
Every tavern and inn in the city is currently closed, as all the owners are assembled in the main market square, presenting their best cooking. Besides the hundreds of different fragrant meals, there is also plenty of ale, spirits and hard cider.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:59 am

Shathys smiles at the curious young lady in front of him.

"I wish you luck in your quest milady and pray that one day you will find all the experience you need, as for me, right now, I must be off to find a nice fire and some good ale before i catch my death. It's been a pleasure." 

With a friendly nod and smile Shathys turned and began walking towards the sound raucous  laughter with a smile on his face.

"Curious...very curious..."
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  SigneGT Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:22 am

As Shara really has no idea what she expected from the chat with the Champion, she continues to stand in the same spot and think for a while. It is only when Osmus comes running and begins begging for food, that she realizes how hungry she is after a day of games.

"Come on then" she says to the little lizard and the pair make their way to the main market square. Upon arriving there Shara is overwhelmed by the massive amount of food, enchanting smells and voices from all the people there. "Where should i even begin?" She thinks.

She recognizes the woman from the inn where she is staying and chooses that stall as fit for a visit and decides that it may, as well as any of the others, provide her with a meal.
SigneGT
SigneGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:30 am

Spoiler:

Several long tables have been set up in the market square, and upon them are placed dozens of dishes — you overhear a group of women discussing how this is as much a marketing push by the taverns as it is to feed a hungry crowd. It soon becomes apparent that the darling of the lunch is, as it apparently is every year, Ameiko Kaijitsu, whose remarkable curry-spiced salmon and early winterdrop mead easily overshadow the other offerings, such as the Hagfish’s lobster chowder or the White Deer’s peppercorn venison.

Spoiler:

Shara:
Ameiko smiles when she sees you approach. "Ello again," she says. "I saw you in the contest! I had no idea you were so good at pig-wrestling. Not as good as me, of course. But pretty good..." Her eyes grow distant, apparently recalling past events. It lasts for only a moment. She offers you a plate of fried fish. "Curry-spiced salmon?"

Jack and Shethys:
Spoiler:
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:36 am

Maniacal laughter fills Jack's throat as he stuffs food down his gaping maw and then wolfing it down with a draught of ale.
"Ah ha ha, Mark, you make the best food! It has actual taste! By Ioun's tits!"
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum