Krosp Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings

5 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings

Post  SigneGT Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:39 am

"Certainly" Shara smiles. "It smells delicious. So, you were a pig-wrestler you say? Must have a lot of good stories."

Shara digs into the salmon with pleasure, the food here is very good. She is a little confused, she has no idea how to go about this adventuring business, and is not even sure that she even wants to. She finds a somewhat quiet corner of the market square and enjoys the autumn sun.
SigneGT
SigneGT

Back to top Go down

Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings

Post  Admin Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:45 am

Shara:
Ameiko laughs. "Only part-time," she says. "I used to take part in the contest every year. Won my fair share of coins. Old Goliath and I are pals. What about you? Are you enjoying the festival so far?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://krosp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:46 am

"You know Mark.."
"My name is Gressel." the poor food-stand man says.
"You know Mark... Where I come from people pay their taxes, they behave in front of their betters and they're miserable just like everyone else. God damn peasants.. *hic*" Jack slurs on, noticeably drunk. "More ale, Mark!"
"I told you, my name is.. Oh nevermind."
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  SigneGT Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:49 am

"I am, I am. And the food is so good! What other activities goes on during this?" Shara says, while still munching on the salmon. So good.
SigneGT
SigneGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:55 am

Shara:
"Not much, honestly. Not until Father Zantus has completed the consecration of the new cathedral, at least. But when he's done with that, there'll be bonfires! Bonfires and fireworks and all sorts of entertainment. Some sort of famous big-city diva will be performing at the theater, and people will be getting really drunk. It's gonna be great."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SigneGT Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:59 am

"Well. If people are getting drunk, i might as well join in on the fun. I heard something about your ale, how about one of those".

Soon Shara feels the spirit of the Swallowtail festival as well, although she keeps her blood alcohol level fairly controlled for the evening. One never knows what might happen.
SigneGT
SigneGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:18 am

Shathys finds his way to the food tables with a great pitcher of ale in hand and already well off and tipsy. 

"By my mothers bosom! Look at all this food!" 

Walking around and sampling the foods if various stalls, Shathys sits with a full belly and a happy outlook on life at a stall. 

"I heard the man next to me call you Mark, so Mark it is.

Now, Mark, I'm Shathys and this is my mug. I'll be here for awhile so as long as I sit here and you keep this mug full, were gonna be a-okay."

Shathys smiles as he slips the man called Mark a gold coin.
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:49 am

After a few hours of eating, drinking and generally enjoying yourselves immensely, the time for the consecration has finally arrived. The sky has grown darker, a thousand hues of orange and blue stretching across the horizon, as the sun has begun its descent.

People gather around the main stage and their excited whispers slowly die down when Father Zantus motions for silence. He raises his hand, and in it is a small, glowing stone. "A thunderstone," you hear someone whisper. "To get the gods' attention." He mutters a word, and a sharp retort, like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the sun’s setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of a few conversations quickly hushes as all attention is turned toward the the beaming Father Zantus.

He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman’s scream slices through the air. A few moments later, another scream rises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rises—high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human. The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around its head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.

As frantic screams of "Goblins!" cut through the air, panic spreads like wildfire through the crowd, and within moments only three people remain in the square. Three people who are bound together by forces they may not fully understand. Jack Steele, Shara Khan and Shathys Drelock stand side by side to face whatever dangers this world holds.

A group of small, evil-looking creatures with shoddy but dangerous weapons come charging into the square, singing their Goblin war song. The green-skinned creatures spot the three of you, raise their weapons and charge.

Roll for initiative!

Spoiler:
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:56 am

"Goblinsh? Crap, where did my sword go?"
Squinting an eye, Jack tries to better view of the situation.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:44 am

"Goblins...What foul cr-*belch*"

"Perhaps a bit too much mead... Let's get down to business then."

Shathys reaches behind his back and pulls out a viscious looking spiked chain. Though unsteady on his feet at the moment, a calm spreads over him and long practiced hands wield an old friend. 

Spoiler:
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  SigneGT Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:37 am

Spoiler:
SigneGT
SigneGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:19 am

ROUND ONE

Five singing and screeching Goblins come crashing into the market, scattering food and drink everywhere. Four of them look thin and unable to take much punishment. They appear to be armed with nothing but rusty pieces of vaguely sword-shaped metal. The Goblin leading them, however, looks considerably more brawny. He is armed with a large sword and a handful of javelins. He takes a running start and hurls one of the flimsy javelins at Shathys - the biggest and most obvious target. With a sound like a bunch of overly ripe fruit being skewered, it skewers a bunch of overly ripe fruit, missing Shathys entirely.

Spoiler:

Jack:
Spoiler:

MAP:
Spoiler:

TERRAIN INFORMATION:
Spoiler:

ENCOUNTER INFORMATION AND INITIATIVE ORDER:
Goblin Warrior (W) 29/29HP - AC 17, F 13, R 15, W 12
Shathys 28/28HP
Shara 24/24HP
Jack 24/24HP

Goblin Cutters (M1-4) 1/1HP - AC 16, F 12, R 14, W 11
Goblin Blackblade (B) 25/25HP - AC 16, F 12, R 14, W 11

EDIT:
Spoiler:

Next up: Jack

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:33 am; edited 3 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:27 am

Jack spends a moment trying to find his Falchion.
Spoiler:

Next up: Shathys
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Shathys strides forward, the spiked chain hanging low, his eyes set firmly on the bigger looking goblin. "You're mine, my pretty." 

Shathys drops the chain and swings it low, slashing across the Goblin's chest and swinging around, Shathys brings it around again. This time aiming for the smaller goblin, severing it in half. 

Spoiler:
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:35 pm

UPDATED MAP:
Spoiler:

UPDATED ENCOUNTER INFORMATION:
Goblin Warrior (W) 18/29HP - AC 17, F 13, R 15, W 12
Shathys 28/28HP
Shara 24/24HP
Jack 24/24HP

3 Goblin Cutters (M1-4) 1/1HP - AC 16, F 12, R 14, W 11
Goblin Blackblade (B) 25/25HP - AC 16, F 12, R 14, W 11

Next up: Shara
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SigneGT Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:48 pm

Shara gives Osmus a little push with her foot, telling him to get closer to the nasty goblins. Under much protest he runs forward.

Spoiler:

"Now Osmus, you know the routine" Shara shouts at him while lifting her staff.

Spoiler:

In some curious way when Shara lifts her staff to cast a spell, it appears in front of Osmus. Sharas eyes changes colour to a light green, as is the fire coming from the little dragonling. The fire burns the first goblin to ashes. The second goblin magically escapes the green flames, while the third goblin gets hit with such power that he is slided to the side.
SigneGT
SigneGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:10 pm

Jack manages to find his Falchion, shakes his head and looks clearly towards the biggest goblin.
He whispers something under his breath that you can't quite hear, a sharp light gathers around him and with unnatural speed he runs towards the goblin warrior, with the added momentum the blade smoothly cleaves the head from the body in a single swing.

Spoiler:

Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:43 pm

With a chorus of screeches and curses, the remaining goblins surge forward, surrounding the pointy-eared man who just killed their boss. In a flurry of surprisingly stabby blades, the goblins manage to score several deep cuts on Jack.

Spoiler:

ROUND TWO

MAP:
Spoiler:

ENCOUNTER INFORMATION:
Goblin Warrior (W) - DEAAAAAAAD
Shathys 28/28HP
Shara 24/24HP
Jack
10/24HP - Bloodied
2 Goblin Cutters (M1-4) 1/1HP - AC 16, F 12, R 14, W 11
Goblin Blackblade (B) 11/25HP - AC 16, F 12, R 14, W 11 - Bloodied

EDIT:
Spoiler:

Next up: Shathys
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:49 am

Shathys leveled the spiked chain at his chest, charging the Bigger goblin surrounding Jack, as he lets out a roar he begins to shimmer and disappears. 

The bigger goblin stiffens and gets out a strangled cry as the viscous spiked chain appears through it's throat in a spray of blood. As it falls to the ground the blade whips around slicing the nearest goblin across the stomach, biting deep and spilling it's entrails on the ground. 

Spoiler:

Next up: Shara
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  SigneGT Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:08 am

Shara takes a look at the last goblin. Suddenly the little green guy looks really scared. "Well, who can blame him?" Shara mumbles. "Let me put you out of your misery".

She lifts her hands (staff in one of them) and mumbles something completely not understandable. What is understandable though is the multicoloured bolt of something or other coming from the staff going straight at the little green guy.

Spoiler:

The little guy's eyes widen just before the bolt hits him smack in the head and he is blown to smitherines.
SigneGT
SigneGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:13 am

Jack winces at his wounds for a moment and then rolls his shoulders, seemingly ignoring the cuts now.

"Armor took most of it.. Where in the nine hells did they come from?"

Spoiler:
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:46 am

Shathys cleaned his blade slowly.

"What a poor,poor creature..."

Solemnly looking at the dog that died, Shathys shrugged and went to Jack.

"You alrIght old man?"
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:59 am

VICTORY

Dead goblins are scattered throughout the market, cuts and magical burns marking their bodies. But the dangers isn't over yet. Goblins race everywhere, running amok and singing and slashing indiscriminately. As you find yourself in the eye of the proverbial storm, you have a few moments to rest.

Spoiler:
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:01 am

Jack looks at the Shadar-kai for a moment. A strained smile on his lips.
"I've been called many things before, but not old. Where on earth did you get that notion? Anyway, I'm fine. We need to search the bodies and find out why these goblins attacked and how they got through the sentries."
Jack starts searching the bodies for clues as to why they attacked. Also noting their appearance, are they well fed, how is their equipment etc.

Spoiler:
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:14 am

Jack:
It quickly becomes clear that the goblins possess little of interest. They have nothing on them but their weapons and their armor. The weapons are typical goblin weapons: sharpened and jagged lengths of metal with holes cut out of them to lower their weight. You notice nothing odd about their physique. They seem as well fed as goblins normally are.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum