Krosp Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings

5 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings - Page 40 Empty Re: Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings

Post  Admin Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:41 am

The notes are written in a tiny scribble, making it practically impossible for anyone but Quink himself to read it under normal circumstances, let alone upside down.

'I have indeed,' the sage says, finally raising his eyes from the grimoire. 'Oh. The young lady and the Warforged aren't with you. Should we wait for them? I have much to tell you, and I do hate repeating myself.'
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://krosp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings - Page 40 Empty Re: Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings

Post  Le kek Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:51 am

"They'd rather talk about plants and help peasants. Don't ask into it. Proceed please."
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:29 am

'Very well. As I mentioned, the book is written in an ancient language, and it has been difficult to translate more than small passages. Most of the writing seems to be the ravings of a madman, and the parts that aren't lose some of their details in translation.' He opens the grimoire on the first page. 'This first part seems to be a song or chant of praise to Pazuzu. Translated to common, it reads something like this:'

Unseen Wings in shattered lands
Herald of death, disease and dismay
Gift onto us power and riches uncounted
As we gift onto you voice and sight
For your black-beaked servants to feast on

'There are several more lines, but I've yet to translate them.' He flips to another page. 'This page is just filled with the word "soon", repeated over and over.' He flips to another page. 'This passage describes some kind of contract between Unseen Wings - Pazuzu - and-... Well, I'll just read it.'

Offered safety in the new world, Unseen Wings pledges to serve Karzoug, Lord of Power in Stone. Death, disease and dismay is the goal of Unseen Wings, and Unseen Wings will spread death, disease and dismay wherever man or woman is found.

'Now, "power in stone" is a direct translation, and therefore a little unclear. In the common tongue, we'd call it "runes". So "Karzoug, Lord of Power in Stone" becomes simply "Runelord Karzoug". As for who that is, I can only guess. Runes haven't been used for thousands of years, and even my oldest books don't mention any runelords.' He flips to another page. 'This page reads:'

Wells of power in stone:
Gold in another man's pocket, yours in truth.
Deeds performed for you, by those less.
Dominion of wills of those desired.
Destruction, fire in the heart.
Appearance and dominion.
More and more and more, never-ending hunger.
Lead into gold.

'Or, in more modern terms: Runewells: Envy. Sloth. Lust. Wrath. Pride. Gluttony. Greed. Again, I'm afraid I don't know what a runewell is, nor what they have to do with sins.'
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Morbus Mortem Apparatus Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:38 am

In the mean time, while Jack Steele and Shathys look at the translation, Morbus goes back to the inn in hope of finding Ameiko.
Morbus Mortem Apparatus
Morbus Mortem Apparatus

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:40 am

Ameiko is sitting right where you left her, but less dead-looking. The coffee has apparently done its job.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Morbus Mortem Apparatus Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:42 am

"Hello there, Ameiko", Morbus says. "Do you know any farmers who might need a hand? And is it possible they might know something relevant about what's going on? They live just outside town so they might have seen or heard something. You never know."
Morbus Mortem Apparatus
Morbus Mortem Apparatus

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:49 am

Ameiko looks puzzled. 'Need a hand? With farming, you mean? And I don't see what they'd know about the goblins that the sheriff doesn't.'
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Morbus Mortem Apparatus Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:04 pm

"ohhh...... I guess I'll just have to find the others then..." Morbus walks out of the door and in direction of the hut with the old man we payed some time ago.
Morbus Mortem Apparatus
Morbus Mortem Apparatus

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:50 pm

"Most curious, can we trust this book? Is it a possibility that it's not just the ravings of a madman but actually a prophecy of some kind?" Jack asks, scribbling down in his notebook.
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:57 pm

'In my experience, prophets and madmen are often one and the same.'
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:18 pm

Jack pauses. "Good point..."
"Well what do you think Shath? Any truth to this book?"
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:58 am

Shathys pauses. "Pazuzu is not a weak deity, and only in fear would such a diety offer allegience to another. If there is truth in this book, it is a dangerous truth. What worries me is that I'm fairly certain we have drawn unwanted attention to ourselves."

Shathys grunts. "For all we know the entire village could be mad, and we are the demons. Whatever happens henceforth. We need be careful."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Morbus arrives at Quink's house.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Morbus Mortem Apparatus Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:40 pm

When Morbus arrives, the first thing he hears is the words of Shathys. "Shathys what are you talking about? We are four strong people prepared for battle. Well, it's always best to avoid fighting, but if we have to, I guess we'll all be ready. What say you Jack? The villagers seems in my opinion to be quite friendly - at least not evil, but if they actually wanted to attack us, they wouldn't stand a chance. What could possibly happen?", Morbus says stupidly, completely forgetting there could be more than 900 villagers in Sandpoint, all potentially ready to attack the four of them.
Morbus Mortem Apparatus
Morbus Mortem Apparatus

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:47 am

Shathys roars with laughter. "Yes of course, they would not stand a chance." After his laughter dies Shathys says soberly. "We just need to be certain as to whom we can trust."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:40 am

Jack sighs. "You talk too much, warforged."

-------

https://krosp.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=3
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum