Krosp Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings

5 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings - Page 39 Empty Re: Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings

Post  Francis Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:38 am

"Plough yourself." Shathys grunts at Jack.
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings - Page 39 Empty Re: Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings

Post  Le kek Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:40 am

"Pull yourself together. They never taught you to drink in that shadow world of yours?"
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:45 am

Shathys reaches blindly around the table for something to throw at Jack, then, giving up, decides to attempt to throw Mishka at Jack.

"Ack!" Shathys tumbles over with Mishka in his arms, blinded by the morning light without his blindfold.

"Sod off, Jack." Shathys grumbles.

Mishka growls, rather disgruntled.

Spoiler:
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:51 am

"Guess not." Jack says and eats a mouthful of porridge.
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  SigneGT Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:23 am

"Morning Maam" Shara says with a smile. "I was looking for some breakfast for me and my suffering friends. Preferably something meaty and salty".
SigneGT
SigneGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:52 am

'Certainly, miss! I'll bring something right out.' She curtsies again and hurries over to another cupboard.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://krosp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:33 pm

After a little while, she arrives with meat, bread, fruits and cold drinks. You eat breakfast as Ameiko slowly regains her composure.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:41 pm

Shathys begins to feel better and finds his blindfold inside one of his pockets.

"So, my cheery little bunch, what do we do today?" Shathys asks, his voice still rather gruff.

Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:44 am

"Is the ranger not supposed to arrive today? I'm pretty sure she is."
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:45 am

Shathys shrugs. "Think she'll be attractive?" Shathys asks Jack.
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:46 am

Jack sighs. "Priorities, my friend. Priorities."
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:50 am

"Yeah..." Shathys trails off.

"Think she'll be attractive?"
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  Morbus Mortem Apparatus Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:14 am

"Attractive? Is that a word? What does it mean? I have never heard it before. Any way, who is this ranger you're talking about?", Morbus asks while he looks at the others showing no signs of curiosity due to his lack of facial features.
Morbus Mortem Apparatus
Morbus Mortem Apparatus

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:19 am

"It means that if in the event that she is "Attractive" I would do certain things that would make Ameiko blush, or certainly attempt to." Shathys says with a wink.

"But not right now, she looks worse than some of the things i've seen in my nightmares."
Shathys says with a shudder, glancing at Ameiko.
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  SigneGT Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:30 am

"I thought Ameiko was your one true love Shathys?" Shara looks at the pair of hungover singstars and laughs out loud.

"On the ranger matter, I hope she's willing to help."
SigneGT
SigneGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:41 am

"Let me give you a hint Morbus, you're not."
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:04 am

[20:17:00] Shathys: Shathys cackles, "Now now, Jack, be nice."
[20:17:19] Jack Steele: "It was too easy, couldn't let it pass."
[20:18:04] Shara Khan: "Where were we supposed to meet that ranger, attractive or not?"
[20:18:17] Shathys: "Good question."
[20:18:31] Jack Steele: "She's probably meeting up with the sheriff first"
[20:19:41] Shara Khan: "Then I suggest we head out. Morbus, maybe Jack can explain the situation while we walk" Shara looks at Jack. She seems to think he has taken on a kind of leading role of their little group.
[20:20:37] Shathys: "I agree, Jack would be the best teacher for our little...Big new addition to the group." Shathys says with a massive grin. "After all, Jack IS the most social person we know."
[20:21:17] Shara Khan: "He does speak at times, and that should be sufficient"
[20:22:09] Jack Steele: "Fine." Jack has a smile that doesn't quite reach the eyes. "Goblin attack, they took the sacred remains of some dead guy, ranger is trying to find them, we're meeting up with her. Let's go."
[20:22:40 | Edited by Dungeon Master, 20:23:04] Shathys: Shathys pats Jack on the shoulder. Grinning while heading for the door.
[20:23:15] Jack Steele: ((is jakob around?))
[20:25:10] Morbus Mortem Apparatus: ((Sorry once more. I borrowed my mother's computer - the slowest piece of shit the world has yet seen.))
[20:26:15] Morbus Mortem Apparatus: "Wait, wait.... I don't think I fully got that. Well, obviously there was a goblin attack and stuff, but who is this ranger you're talking so much about?" Morbus asks.
[20:27:12] Shara Khan: Shara looks at Jack.

The hangover has left her less willing to try to remember all the details of their tiny adventure.
[20:27:56] Jack Steele: "Who knows, all we know is she's supposed to meet up with us today, and it's our only lead."
[20:28:53] Shara Khan: "I think she was supposed to help us find the goblin village. It seems like it was years ago already."
[20:29:49] Morbus Mortem Apparatus: "Hmmm..... Right. Are we going, then?"
[20:30:44 | Edited by Dungeon Master, 20:30:53] Jack Steele: Jack follows Shathys.
[20:31:15] Shathys: Shathys turns around: "Farewell then, Ameiko my love." Shathys says theatrically, "Wether I return or not, no one knows, but you will always hold a place in my heart." Shathys bows, grinning, then heads out the door.
[20:33:15] Jack Steele: "Onwards to the sheriff then."
[20:33:45] Dungeon Master: Ameiko says nothing, but another mug sails over Shathys' head as he exits.
[20:34:01 | Edited 20:34:08] Shara Khan: "An odd couple indeed" Shara laughs.
[20:35:26] Morbus Mortem Apparatus: "Please don't be sad, Shathys. I like you. You're a nice guy and hopefully Ameiko will come back."
[20:35:46 | Edited by Dungeon Master, 20:36:34] Jack Steele: "Just shut up." Jack walks to the sheriff, shaking his head.
[20:36:16] Shathys: Shathys places his hand on his head, "Oh how will I survive, my heart is broken into uncountable, unmanagable, unthinkable pieces."
[20:36:41] Shara Khan: "I seem to be surrounded by odd couples today" Shara says with a huge grin.
[20:36:53] Dungeon Master: ((Mathias, capital letters are awesome.))
[20:42:26] Dungeon Master: As you head towards the garrison, you spot the sheriff himself walking towards you. He raises his hand in greeting. 'Morning. The ranger arrived this morning, and she's waiting for us at the town hall. Got some information that might interest you.'
[20:43:00] Dungeon Master: (( http://theonlysheet.com/wiki/images/0/06/Belor_Hemlock.gif ))
[20:43:01] Shathys: Shathys nods at the Sheriff. "Perfect, I trust you will accompany us there?"
[20:43:07] Jack Steele: "Sheriff." Jack says by greeting. "Sounds good, lead on."
[20:44:26 | Edited 20:46:29] Morbus Mortem Apparatus: "Is she attractive?" Morbus asks not really thinking it could be an inappropriate queston. Afterall, he still doesn't really know what the word means.
[20:45:37] Shara Khan: Shara tries her hardest not to break down laughing. She keeps it to a giggle, while the tears flow down her cheeks.
[20:47:03] Dungeon Master: Belor nods at Shathys. "Yes. The mayor is waiting for us too." He doesn't answer Morbus.
[20:51:19] Shathys: Shathys follows Belor.
[20:51:26] Shara Khan: As does Shara.
[20:51:46] Morbus Mortem Apparatus: Morbus follows as well.
[20:54:10] Dungeon Master: He leads you to the second hall of the town hall and into a comfortable office. Mayor Kendra Deverin is sitting behind a desk, and a ragged-looking, green-haired elf is leaning against the wall.
[20:56:46] Dungeon Master: "You already know Mayor Deverin." Belor says. "Mayor, this is Shathys, Jack, Shara and... a warforged. They helped fight off the goblin attack."
[20:57:22] Shara Khan: "Pleased to meet you" Shara says with a smile.
[20:57:37 | Edited 20:57:54] Shathys: Shathys nods. "Mayor." While casting eyes over the elf, trying to pick up anything about the character.

(perception check 16 + 0= 16)
[20:57:51] Morbus Mortem Apparatus: "My name is Morbus Mortem Apparatus. Pleased to meet your, sir."
[20:58:20] Jack Steele: Jack nods towards the mayor. "Mayor. We were told there was important information for us." He glances at the elf.
[20:58:23] Dungeon Master: The mayor stands up and gives each of you a firm handshake. "Thank you," she says with a smile. "Sandpoint is in your debt. And please, call me Kendra."
[20:58:35] Dungeon Master: (( http://www.imarvintpa.com/Imagery/d/1053-1/Mayor+-+Kendra+Deverin.jpg ))
[21:02:11] Dungeon Master: Belor nods. "This is Shalelu Andosana. She's an unofficial member of Sandpoint’s town guard. Shalelu, this is Sandpoint's newest crop of heroes."
[21:02:15] Dungeon Master: (( http://www.rotr.ofge.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/shalelu_andosana.jpg ))
[21:03:10] Morbus Mortem Apparatus: "Why not an official member?" Morbus asks.
[21:06:01] Dungeon Master: "Because I don't spend much time in Sandpoint." Shalelu says. "I'm a ranger. I walk the woods."
[21:06:07] Shathys: "Good to finally meet you, Shalelu." Shathys says, "I trust the journey treated you well?"
[21:06:28] Jack Steele: "It was hardly a pleasure walk, Shathys." Jack drawls.
[21:07:49] Shara Khan: "I'm honored" Shara says to Shalelu. "I am also eager to get going though, these goblins have quite the headstart already. Sorry if I sound impolite." Shara looks rather shy, talking to these important people.
[21:12:05] Dungeon Master: Shalelu shrugs. Belor closes the door behind you and takes a seat. "Shalelu's been a thorn in the side of the local goblin tribes for years, and few people in the region know more about them than her. To cut a long story short, Shalelu reports that Sandpoint hasn’t been the only place in the region that’s had goblin troubles. There’s been an increase in goblin-related raids along the Lost Coast Road, particularly in the dale between Nettlewood and Mosswood. Only a day ago, a farm south of Mosswood was burnt to the ground by a group of goblins. Shalelu was nearby, and while the farm couldn’t be saved, she did rescue the family and drive off the goblins; the family is staying at a nearby farm for now, but the goblin problem is obviously not going away. Shalelu, please tell them what you told me."
[21:13:45] Dungeon Master: “Belor’s told me of your work against the goblins—well done. I’ve dedicated the last several years of my life to keeping them from causing too much trouble around these parts, but they’re tenacious and fecund little runts. Like weeds that bite.

Anyway, there’s five major goblin tribes in the region, and, traditionally, they’re pretty good at keeping each other in line with intertribal squabbles and the like. Yet from what I’ve been able to piece together, members of all five tribes were involved in the raid on Sandpoint. A fair amount of the Mosswood tribe goblins I dealt with yesterday were already pretty beat up, and there was a lot of chatter about the ‘longshanks’ who killed so many of them.

Now that I’ve met you, it seems obvious from their descriptions who they were talking about. Seems like you’ve made an impression. In any event, the fact that the five tribes are working together disturbs me. Goblin tribes don’t get along unless they’ve got something big planned, and big plans require big bosses. I’m afraid that someone’s moved in on the goblins and organized them. And judging by these recent raids, what they’re organizing seems like bad news for all of us.”
[21:15:05] Shathys: "One of the goblins that did not survive interrogation claimed that a human was involved." Shathys says shortly.
[21:15:46] Shara Khan: "Are we sure that it was a human and not just any non-goblin?"
[21:17:37] Jack Steele: "That doesn't matter much right now," Jack says to Shara. "Do you know where the goblins are holding up Shalelu?"
[21:17:47] Dungeon Master: "Which is why," Belor says, "I'm taking some men south to Magnimar to see about securing additional soldiers to station at Sandpoint for a few weeks, at least until the extent of the goblin threat can be determined. While I'm out of town, I've asked Shalelu to sniff around Shank’s Wood, Devil’s Platter, and other places where goblins live to see if she can discover anything else about what’s going on.

I would also like you four to maintain a public presence in Sandpoint over the next few days, if you don’t mind. The
locals seem to have taken to you,” he says, “And seeing you around town will do a lot for keeping worries down over the next few days.”
[21:18:57] Shara Khan: "It would be nice to be here if anything happened, the taking on to hasn't only been from the locals."
[21:19:20] Jack Steele: "Why would the goblins attack again? They got what they wanted."
[21:20:06] Dungeon Master: Shalelu frowns. "Did they?"
[21:20:37] Shathys: Shathys shrugs, non-commital.
[21:21:15] Jack Steele: "It seems they targeted the sacred remains of a dead priest. Not a coincidence."
[21:22:20] Dungeon Master: "Probably not."
[21:24:20] Morbus Mortem Apparatus: "Well, making an apperiance won't be a problem. Do you just want us to walk around in time or is there anything else you also want us to do at the same time?"
[21:26:40] Dungeon Master: "No, just make sure people see you."
[21:27:25] Shathys: "I see." Shathys grunts.
[21:27:39] Jack Steele: "I came here to solve problems. Not to make the villagers 'feel better'." Jack frowns.
[21:29:04] Shara Khan: "If there is a problem with the villagers feeling unsafe, you can help solve that" Shara says in a determined voice. "And wouldn't you feel horrible if the little pests attacked again and you weren't here to help?"
[21:29:54] Shara Khan: "People here have treated us so well, the least we can do is stick around for a few days. Adventuring can't be all getting scars and being rugged."
[21:30:50] Jack Steele: "Don't patronize me, girl. Making the villagers feel safe solves absolutely nothing."
[21:31:40] Dungeon Master: "You might be surprised," Shalelu mutters.
[21:32:20] Morbus Mortem Apparatus: "I am glad we are going to protect villagers. I've seen so much butchering in the past. I'm glad that's not what I will be doing now."
[21:32:51] Jack Steele: "Are you content sitting around doing nothing, Shathys?"
[21:33:01] Dungeon Master: ((That's 21:30. Keep going or stop for now?))
[21:33:21] Shara Khan: (( we can continue until 22 if you want ))
[21:33:29] Jack Steele: ((gogo 22))
[21:33:36] Dungeon Master: ((22 it is.))
[21:33:48] Morbus Mortem Apparatus: ((Awesome))
[21:34:16] Shathys: "No, I don't wish to sit around but I fail to see another option. Not one that is presented before me." Shathys growls.
[21:34:56] Dungeon Master: "Where are you staying?" Shalylu asks.
[21:35:04] Jack Steele: "We could follow their trail, strike them back."
[21:35:31] Shara Khan: (( I forgot the name of our inn ))
[21:36:29] Shathys: "Can you track, Jack? I doubt our friend here is going to let us tag along." Shathys says coldly
[21:36:44] Dungeon Master: ((Nobody remembers the name of the inn?))
[21:36:50] Jack Steele: ((nope))
[21:36:57] Shara Khan: (( I only remember Ameiko ))
[21:37:12] Dungeon Master: ((The Rusty Dragon))
[21:37:27] Shara Khan: "Were staying with Ameiko at the Rusty Dragon inn"
[21:37:38] Shara Khan: (( Thank you ))
[21:38:31] Jack Steele: "Fine. We stay, but the moment we have a chance to strike back we take it. Agreed?"
[21:40:52] Morbus Mortem Apparatus: "Calm down, Jack Steele, why are you so blood thirsty?"
[21:41:17] Jack Steele: "Because goblins attacked and killed people."
[21:41:28] Shathys: "Quiet, warforged." Shathys snarls. "Agreed, Jack."
[21:42:22] Dungeon Master: "I'll join you for dinner there, then; I'd like to hear more from you about the raid," Shalelu says. "And in return I've got a fair amount of goblin lore I can share, if you really want to go after the goblins."
[21:44:11] Jack Steele: "Good." Jack simply says
[21:44:42] Shathys: "See you then." Shathys stands. "Is there anything else?"
[21:48:10] Dungeon Master: "No," Mayor Deverin says. "But don't hesitate to contact me if you need help with anything."
[21:48:57] Shara Khan: "Thank you."
[21:49:21] Shathys: Shathys nods silently and walks out.
[21:50:01 | Edited 21:50:03] Jack Steele: Jack nods towards the mayor and follows Shathys.
[21:50:24] Shara Khan: Shara walks back towards the inn.
[21:51:11] Morbus Mortem Apparatus: "I think this will be quite easy - and enjoyable, too." Morbus says warmly to the others as they head back.
[21:51:42] Shathys: "Let's hope." Shathys says.
[21:52:03] Shara Khan: "I agree, but i also think it's quite the hot topic right now. Let's talk about what we CAN do while we're here."
[21:53:15] Jack Steele: "Agreed. If we're stuck here, again I might add, we might as well do some kind of good."
[21:54:30] Jack Steele: "We also need to get the translation from the sage." Jack adds.
[21:55:33] Morbus Mortem Apparatus: "I think I would like to help people wth plants. They give me peace - the plants I mean. However, it might be better if we tried to investigate."
[21:56:50] Jack Steele: "We've been investigating for days now."
[21:57:01] Jack Steele: ((what time is it?))
[21:57:14] Dungeon Master: ((Around 10AM))
[21:57:33] Shara Khan: "I'll ask Aldern if he has any suggestions. If he's still alive after last night that is."
[21:58:51] Jack Steele: "Can't trust a nobleman, but okay then. I'll go talk to the sage then, meet you back at the inn."
[21:59:06] Shathys: "Need company, Jack?"
[21:59:14] Jack Steele: "Why not."
[21:59:19] Shara Khan: Shara heads back towards the inn to look for Aldern.
[21:59:50] Shara Khan: She shouts to Morbus "You should ask Ameiko if she knows anyone who needs help with their plants."
[22:00:35] Shathys: Shathys follows Jack.
[22:00:48] Shathys: ((And that's it, folks?))
[22:01:23 | Edited 22:01:36] Morbus Mortem Apparatus: "I think I'll do that, Shara. Great idea!" Morbus answers ((I guess so(?))).
[22:01:40] Dungeon Master: (((parentheses))))
[22:02:22] Dungeon Master: ((But yeah, it's 10pm. Stop or keep going?))
[22:02:47] Shara Khan: (( I'd prefer stop. I'm getting really tired. Sorryyyyy.it's always me. :b ))
[22:03:08] Jack Steele: ((The end is nigh))
[22:03:11 | Edited 22:03:15] Dungeon Master: ((Coolcoolcool.))
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:08 am

Back at The Rusty Dragon, Shara discovers that Aldern has gone back to Magnimar. He has left a letter thanking you for all your help, and to please seek him out of you ever visit Magnimar yourself.

The rest of you arrive at Brodert Quink's house.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:35 am

Jack knocks on the door.
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:38 am

Shathys stays behind Jack.
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:02 am

You hear Quink's voice from somewhere inside the house. "Enter!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:20 am

Jack opens the door and heads in.
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:11 am

You find Quink sitting at the exact same place you left him, books and papers scattered on the table before him. Judging from the dark pouches under his eyes, he hasn't slept. 'Sit, sit,' he says, not looking up. He continually looks from the skin-bound grimoire to other open books, scribbling notes.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:18 am

Jack cranes his neck and tries to read the notes while he sits down.
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:33 am

Shathys sighs, not in the mood to deal with a foolish old man at this time. "I will stand. Have you found anything?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum