Krosp Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings

5 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings - Page 36 Empty Re: Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings

Post  Francis Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:43 am

"And turn out that accursed sun why don't you, oh wise and powerful seer." Shathys growls, in complete agony from the outside sun.
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings - Page 36 Empty Re: Rise of The Runelords 1 - Burnt Offerings

Post  Admin Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:55 am

She shakes her head, frowning. 'I'm sorry, but I never performed any readings on old Stoot. I have some ability as an oracle, but almost none at wizarding, you see, so I can only sense magic in readings.'

'Come over here, son,' she says to Shathys.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://krosp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:59 am

Shathys walks toward the old creepy-looking lady.
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:07 am

She takes hold of Shathys' jaw in one gnarled and surprisingly strong hand, bringing his head level with hers. 'Can't pull down the sun,' she mutters, studying his eyes intently, 'But I might have something that can protect those Shadowfell eyes of yours.' She lets go of Shathys' jaw and gets to her feet. She shuffles over to a small worktable, motioning for him to follow. 'A strip of cloth,' she mutters under her breath. 'And something... dark.'
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:10 am

Shathys. now interested, walks to the lady's bench and puts his trophy beak and feather down on the table in front of her.

"I'm sure one of these will suffice, and how did you know where I was from?"
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:31 am

"She's a seer." Jack says in a stage-whisper voice.
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  SigneGT Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:33 am

"DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN" Shara says from the corner, with a huge smile on her face.
SigneGT
SigneGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Morbus Mortem Apparatus Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 am

*What's with the sun, Shathys? And who's the butcher? Come to think of it, you haven't really told me anything about the quest you - or should I say we - have been given. What are we trying to acheive?' Morbus suddenly asks in a rather impulsive way. He looks wondering around at Shathys, Shara and Jack, completely forgetting they are standing in an old, foreign woman's house.
Morbus Mortem Apparatus
Morbus Mortem Apparatus

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:08 am

Madame Mvashti picks up the beak and studies it for a moment. 'Yes,' she says. 'This will do just fine - and I'm old, son, not blind. I recognize a Shadar-kai when I see one.'

With a series of sharp cracks, she breaks the beak into several smaller pieces and deposits them into mortar. Using a stone pestle, she grinds the pieces to a fine powder and covers a long strip of thin, black cloth with it. Folding it over itself three times, she dips the thing in a bowl of water. After a moment, she removes it and hands it to Shathys. To his surprise, it's completely dry and incredibly light.

'Try wrapping that around your head so it covers your eyes,' she says.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:12 am

"You haven't been given any quest. And I'm not sure why we should tell you what we're trying to achieve. For all we know you could be working for the enemy." Jack strokes his chin.
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:20 am

"Cheer up will you?" Shathys growls at Jack as he takes the cloth and wraps it around his head, serving as a blindfold as Shathys closes his eyes, he prepares to open them again, hoping his trophy was not broken in vain.
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:31 am

As Shathys opens his eyes, it's like he's seeing the world through new eyes. The sharp, painful glare of the sunlight is gone, replaced by a cool, soothing veil of grey that doesn't hinder Shathys' eyesight at all. It's almost like being back in the Shadowfell.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Morbus Mortem Apparatus Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:42 am

'Jack calm down! I'm only trying to help you. I'm not a spy or anything - I just want to start a new life where I help instead of kill people. I just want to live with my flower along with friends. What have I done since you are so frustrated about me all the time? If you have a problem, please, tell me.' Morbus says in a determined tone. His voice shakes as he almost yells out the words, looking at Jack with his eye glowing read.
Morbus Mortem Apparatus
Morbus Mortem Apparatus

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:41 am

Jack breaks into a smile. "Oh I'm quite calm, believe me. But I never take chances when it comes to people, even..." He flickers a hand towards Morbus. "whatever you are. In time we'll see if you're sincere or not, but for now I'll keep an eye on you."
Jack flips a few pages in his notebook. "What I can tell you, is what happened to the village. Goblins attacked during the festival, the very same day they were going to consecrate the church. During the attack they stole Ezakien's remains, some holy bones or whatever. We have reason to believe someone else is behind the attack."
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:41 pm

Shathys grips the old lady's hands. "Thank you very much, I apologize for my disrespect earlier."

Shathys tightens the blindfold around his eyes and smiles, free of pain. "Now on to what we really came here for, do you have information on the Butcher, we know that there are things that were definitely otherworldly in the murders, we don't know when he started becoming influenced or if he was bat-shit crazy to begin with, but it's vitally important you tell us everything you know."
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:05 am

Madame Mvashti pats Shathys' hands. 'You're very welcome,' she says. 'We can't have you going blind before your prime, now can we.'

She walks back to her chair and sits. 'Butcher?' she asks. 'Do you mean the Chopper?'
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:07 am

Jack looks blankly at the old lady for a second, then scratches something out in his notebook.
"Yes. Yes we do."
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:13 am

She tells you everything she knows about Stoot, his carvings, the Chopper and his death. It's pretty much identical to what Ameiko told you:

Jervis Stoot was a woodcarver who had a thing for birds. Everyone had beautiful bird motifs carved in their houses, and people decided to build him a nice house on what is now knows as Chopper's Isle. A series of gruesome murders occurred, and eventually they tracked a trail of blood to Stoot's house. There, they found Stoot among a gruesome collection of bloody knives, eyeballs, tongues and demonic scriptures and symbols. They killed Stoot and burned down the house.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Le kek Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:15 am

"That pretty much confirms what we've heard so far."
Le kek
Le kek

Back to top Go down

Post  SigneGT Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:21 am

"I feel like we're getting absolutely nowhere! I am truly sorry Maam, but is there nothing more you can tell us?" Shara looks almost tragic, when she asks the seer about this. You can tell that the quest means something to her.
SigneGT
SigneGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:38 am

"This is absolute hogwash. Madam I will not disrespect you after what you've done, but you must know something, there are too many people claiming not to know anything. It does not make sense." Shathys speaks, trying to control his voice, Mishka however, seems not to be able to maintain silence and growls menacingly.
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  SigneGT Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:39 am

Shara lays her hand on Shathys arm to calm him.

"I feel the same way Shathys" she whispers. "But we must be polite!".
SigneGT
SigneGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:40 am

'I'm sorry dears, but I don't know what more there is to tell. It was a time of great tragedy with many innocent lives snuffed out. What is it you think we should know?'
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SigneGT Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:46 am

"I think we just feel that there is more to the case, than meets the eye." Shara sighs, she is uncertain how to explain herself.

"We went to that island and some pretty weird stuff happened. If there is ANYone in the village who knows more about this case, who would it be?"
SigneGT
SigneGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:54 am

Shathys sighs, "Looks like we're getting nowhere, we just have to wait until our companion arrives in the town, and see what we can see in goblin encampment. Though that doesn't tie in to anything else. Damn it to hell!" Shathys punches a wall and lets out a painful yelp, forgetting about the broken finger on his left hand.

Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum